Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Raise the mast of the ship!!!


My company e-mails have been redirected to the biggest boss lately. Almost all of them have been forwarded to him. I have to be extremely careful when I write my emails because I just never know when it's being cc:ed or bcc:ed to him. Worse, boss may be discussing about it with biggest boss during their dinner conversations. I somehow have to avoid writing things like "Oi" or "Alamak" or calling people names like "Chabor" (which means woman in chinese) in my e-mails because I somehow think that my company email is now accessible by boss and big boss.

Today, I was told that I have to hike up shipping charges for the website. Of course I couldn't agree to that right away. I know shipping charges are extremely high as almost all of my customers are from the other side of the World. But, I couldn't help giving free shipping or charging a low flat rate because this has been a strategy for me to obtain all these customers all along. What's more, I couldn't be charging them international shipping rates because then they would just turn to the next website for their gifts. Most shopping sites operate from their side of the World anyway and it's just too bad that I have to fight with these sites for business.

I guess no matter what, I'd have to somewhat agree with boss. I have spoken my thoughts and if it's going to be this way, it has to be this way then. So I am raising the mast higher but this does not necessarily mean the ship will go any faster. So, if you wish to shop on the number one pewter company on Google search with the keyword "pewter", shop now!

I've also recently heard gossips about some other boss from another country trying to takeover the website business. I am not sure how true this is but not allowing me to host up new items by holding back prices of my biggest market and sending threat emails to me and boss surely looks like it. I would be ecstatic about working in that country plus it will certainly lower shipping costs and customer service would be available at the right time. But somehow I don't see the possibility of anyone following me there and the thought of leaving this country for good and leaving everyone behind suddenly scares me.

No comments: