
Have you ever wondered if a decision made at one point of your life would have steered your life in a different direction? I've always wondered about this. It's so easy to just change course and mediate from what your life is supposed to be. Sometimes, without even knowing that you've made one tiny decision that have changed your whole life structure.
About a year ago, I received an e-mail from ClubMed out of the blue. I am not sure how they got my email address or who gave it to them but they were asking me to go work for them. I was then ecstatic, knowing that that is the kind of life that I wanted - living by the beach, working a dream job in a dream place, no targets and budgets to look after and all I have to do after waking up to sunshine, sea and sand was to entertain holiday makers with yoga and kickboxing classes. No taxes to pay, no bills, free food, free laundry, free accomodation - what was I waiting for?
It was at that point of life that my one decision could've given me a total change in life. It was like swapping or taking over someone else's life. I still do think back - what if I did go? Who would I have become now? What would I have become now? But still, there were some things that happened just because I didn't go and because of these, the decision I made then was more or less bearable. I am going to write all these down here to remind me in time that I had made a decision which was not too regretable:
1. Meeting R
2. Getting promoted
3. Going to Bali and having one of the best times of my life
4. Not having to miss all my friends and colleagues here
5. Learning Mandarin
6. Seeing the little boy anytime I wanted to as opposed to not being able to see him at all.
7. Knowing Myanmar and going there
8. Learning how to swim
9. Getting to see my dog at least once a week
10. Owning this blog
11. Learning how to pamper myself almost every weekend (influenced by R)
I sometimes still wonder if these were better things than living on my dream beach, doing things I love there as a job with loads and loads of good food, tanned bods and more than enough activities for the rest of my life.
Well, we shall see if life gets better....


No comments:
Post a Comment