
I know all of you are curious, why on earth would I go to Myanmar for a holiday? Of all places why Myanmar when there's no connection to the outside world at all? No roaming facility for my cell phone, no web based e-mail, calling out of Myanmar (if I could find a public phone) would cost me US$200 per call and my flight back isn't even confirmed (if it is cheaper to refund the passengers and get them all on another flight than to fly a couple of passengers back, they will definitely cancel the flight). The only thing to look forward is taking photos that you could never get from anywhere else in the world.
So here's the deal : I have no Myanmar money (kyat) because none of the money changers have it. The only foreign exchange rate for Kyat I could find on the internet says this : MYR1 = 2 Kyat. But even this rate is bogus as I found out today. Thank goodness I didn't change any money or I would have been ripped off by a few thousand times. Coming back to the topic, I don't have money. I am supposed to have a driver waiting for me at the airport which if I could not find then I would take a cab to the place I'm staying. I am staying for free. Remember I have no money at all? Food is free too. Now all of you know how important food is to me, so I won't agree to something if food is not in the picture. And now, the last reason why I'm going - flight is also almost covered. How else can I turn down this offer?
So now you know why I'm going to Myanmar.........
Aiya....look at the nice picture above. It isn't so bad. That's Inya Lake, the biggest artificial lake in Yangon. Nice right?


4 comments:
Why is everything free?
first timer here...to say hi!
Do make sure you come back in one piece!
To anonymous : Because it's all been paid for?
To happy iq : Hello! Welcome aboard!
To coffee81 : I am back in 1 piece ain't I?
Post a Comment