Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Typical Malaysian Lifestyle

"Wahhh....got lucky numbers in my birthday cake!
Buy nombor ekor..."
(Translation: nombor ekor = some sort of lottery numbers)

"Eh, ai bea ji maing? Bea ho wa nong kho tua, nong kho sieh"
(Translation: Eh, do you want to buy numbers? Buy for me, $2 big, $2 small)
(Further translation: $2 big, $2 small = a technique of buying lucky numbers, big covers
all 4 digits and small covers the last 3 digits)

"Ngor oi! Ngor oi! Mai pei ngor, em khau tai, em khau sai!
Ngor ke sang yat, yat teng chong geh..."
(Translation : I want! I want! Buy for me $5 big, $5 small.
It's my birthday, sure to strike lottery)

"Let me pray harder, hopefully strike lottery this time and
I become millionaire. Don't have to work so hard anymore"
(Translation: WHAT? This one also need translation??)

"Macam mana boleh kena nombor ekor macam ni? Mesti
sembahyang kuat-kuat macam ni dulu"
(Translation: How can you strike numbers like this? Must
be praying really hard like this first)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSLYN!

No comments: