
I have been doing a detoxification program since Monday morning. This is how it's supposed to go :
Day 1 to Day 3 - breakfast : fruits, lunch : muesli or veggies, dinner: fruits and veggies
fruit juice and ginger juice during the day and 1/2 cup of raisins and white sesame at night
Day 4 : breakfast : fruit juice, lunch : fresh veggies, dinner : fresh veggies or nothing
fruit juice and ginger juice during the day and 1/2 cup of raisins and white sesame at night
Day 5 : fruit juice the whole day
ginger juice during the day and 1/2 cup of raisins and white sesame at night
Day 6 : nothing for 1/2 day and use anything or something to clear the bowels so its super clean. Thereafter, eat boiled veggies and fruits
Day 7 : boiled veggies and fruits and slowly back to normal food
How I felt throughout :
- food never smelt so good. I had a hard time walking past food stalls, mom's home cooked food, the breakfast on the table every morning, the food shelf in office which was next to me and colleagues asking me to go out for lunch or offering to pack food for me
- the fresh vegetables tasted so bland on the first day that made everything worse
- my hands were shivering on the first day due to hunger and a meatless diet
- I slept for 9 hours on the 1st and 2nd day
- on the 2nd day's dinner, veggies started to taste so good and I had this extra energy and felt so fresh all day that I can swim laps
- The most difficult thing to do in life is not to succumb to temptations
How I fared :
I did everything from Day 1 to Day 5 except for these little mistakes:
- took soya bean on Day 3 accidently because my brains told me that soya is also part of some vegetable (brains got vegetarized from too much veggies)
- couldn't find fresh ground ginger so, no ginger juice all the way
- couldn't find white sesame till the 4th day
- ate a muesli bar and then found out that it had preservatives
- didn't practice yoga from the 2nd to 4th day - it was part of the detox program
- succumbed to the peanut next to my office table - I ate one miserable peanut on 3rd day
- This is the biggest mistake I made :
On the 5th day, 12 hours before cleaning the intestines and bowel system, I cooked instant noodles (Maggi mee) with mushrooms, veggies, egg and anchovies and slurped it up. 12 HOURS BEFORE! Not the 2nd day or the 3rd or even 4th but only 12 hours before the whole thing ended which anyway, 8 hours were gonna be part of my sleep. And I had survived the whole day drinking only fruit juices all the way. Guess what? The noodles didn't taste good anymore because my taste buds had gotten used to tasting fresh food for 5 days. So, I took only a few mouthfuls and threw them all away and went back to fresh veggies and fruits.
What a big failure! So I guess I didn't get to clean my intestines after all since that instant noodles would have poisoned them back. Talk about temptations, especially food!


No comments:
Post a Comment