Saturday, March 11, 2006

Someone up there saved me - Uncle Bob Part 3

I was too elated that I got out of trouble without having to do anything that I forgot that I've asked everyone to tune in the next day to read about Uncle Bob's matchmaking project. He actually has a name for his project - "Operation Cupid". He's definitely is taking this project very seriously, as you can see.

On Thursday morning, I got that dreaded call. It was Uncle Bob of course and as I grimaced I was praying, "God, help me!". This was what Uncle Bob said, "I am so sorry I have to postpone the Operation Cupid." I thought I was dreaming! There was definitely silence for a while before I could say, "Oh, no problem Uncle Bob. So I will not be seeing you today?" (just to make sure I heard right). Then he started his pitiful story about him not feeling too well and he has to go to the hospital for a check-up that day but it was nothing because he ate a little too much and his cholesterol had gone up and so he feels a little tired and his doctor has warned him and told him to go for continuous check-ups for the next few days. He did say all that!

I was indeed prepared to tell him what I've planned to say - that taking visitors for a VC tour wasn't in my job scope and the owner would not like seeing me there. But alas, after all that he's said, could I do that? No of course not. I'm supposed to take pity on him which, I didn't think I did too well that day because I was too elated.

I'm just glad I got out of it without having to do anything but Uncle Bob would definitely be back! He mentioned the school holidays, which is next week. Now all I have to do is to stay away from answering phone calls as much as possible before I disappear to Myanmar.

No comments: