Friday, March 17, 2006

Running away from "Mr. Cupid"

So, it's finally the weekend again and I've managed to avoid Uncle Bob's calls most of the time. He called again today to which I said I was busy and having a meeting (yes I was, a meeting about cameras and photos).

On the other hand, Roslyn has been taking all of Uncle Bob's calls for me. She's wonderful. She can sound so serious when she tells Uncle Bob that I have gone out for an appointment and won't be back for the day, all this right in front of me. I bet even Uncle Bob believes her 100% and since she sounded so serious, I might just tell Uncle Bob that she's the new boss who doesn't want people calling me for non-office matters anymore.

Anyway, they were all close calls this week and thankfully, everything went well. Uncle Bob's plans hasn't got a chance to materialize just yet. But somehow it is not the end. How can I escape this forever? My immediate plan is to avoid him as much as I can till Wednesday. Then I have about a week of total freedom from his calls in which I may have some time to think of some strategies. I'm going to need the department's help again to tell Uncle Bob that I've gone to Myanmar when he calls, which is true. No lies required here. When I finally speak to him again after I return, I will tell him that I've gone to Myanmar to elope. I'm sure he's going to ask me all sorts of questions like why didn't I tell him? But I have the answer : how can I tell anyone when I'm eloping? It wouldn't be called eloping then? Big white lies here which I don't know yet if I could pull through. Maybe I should just go elope after all to make it real. ......

No comments: