Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Pictures from the air

Where the land meets the sea and the sea reaches the sky

I was actually wondering if I could use a camera in the airplane. After all, the pilot does say that no electronic device is allowed. But then, the term electronic device is vague. What about watches? Do we have to take off the batteries in our watches and leave them dead while takeoff?

I took my chances anyway, whipped out my camera and took some shots from the air. Like what some people say - pictures like those on Google Earth.

I was watching Flight Plan in Myanmar (definitely not in their hideous cinema which probably was showing some cheapskate Thai movie or Hindi movie and would charge me 5 times more to get in since I'm a foreigner). There was a scene where this man took out his camera and took pictures. Ah...so! This confirms that cameras are allowed in the plane right? And anyway there was another camera freak on my way to Myanmar and he actually stood up and took pictures of the plane and no one said anything.

So, enjoy these pictures!


Earth is definitely round!

The beautiful Andaman Sea but not sure if that's the Andaman island?

Myanmar from the sky - empty barren land

Malaysia from the sky - more so, Nilai. Be thankful for our infrastructure.

No comments: