Friday, March 17, 2006

Where is my $50????


I've had so much hopes when I sent this in. My lips were smacking and my saliva drooling thinking of the feast I was going to have with the $50 that I'd get from this.

True enough, two days after sending in the picture, it came out in the newspaper. BUT HECK! Where is my $50? There is still no e-mail telling me where to collect the $50 or even a notification that they are using the picture that I've sent. OK, so maybe only one out of all the photos printed would receive the $50 but isn't this a bit unfair? I should've chosen a better day perhaps to send this picture (e.g. when no one else submits in any pictures?). For all the pain and effort that we go through taking pictures like this, at least award us back for our efforts. And what about the courtesy of notifying us you're using our picture to fill up one part of the newspaper? Just a simple e-mail will do....

Oh well, maybe this is the start of being a photojournalist. At least I got my name on to the newspaper. But actually the credits of the picture should go to Roslyn. We were even making plans to go eat at Swensen's after our Mandarin class tomorrow. There goes all our hopes......so I guess tomorrow we'd have to starve while going through the dreaded 4 hours of Mandarin class and perhaps only award ourselves with that healthy soya bean ice-cream.

No comments: