Sunday, February 05, 2006

Superlicious Hotdogs


These are supposed to be the yummiest hotdogs in the whole of Kuala Lumpur. Try Danny's All American Hotdogs. It's supposed to be better than Texas hotdogs, one probably have to fly to Australia to get something close to this.

I had the opportunity to eat one of these a few days ago. Yeah, talk about all Chinese restaurants being closed for 9 days. So hotdogs it is. It was cold when it was brought home, so maybe that is why it didn't taste as good as it should. I preferred 1901 hotdogs but that's also because I always get to eat them hot on the spot.

Gone are those days when you could just buy hotdogs from the hotdog stands or your school canteen for $1 ($ denotes Malaysian Ringgit here). Well, you still could get just the plain sausage and bun wrapped around it at the bread sections of the shopping malls but even that, the price has increased to $1.80 the cheapest, maybe in some small town like Taiping. The hotdogs that you are seeing here costs $9.00 or more. $9.00 for a hotdog! Of course it's not just plain hotdog as you can see but still..... I guess the concept would be like Coffee Beans. We used to get coffee and still can get coffee at the mamak stalls for $1.20 but people would still go to Coffee Bean's to get a $10.00 cup of coffee. Oh well, I guess our yearly salary increments are never gonna cover the cost of living unless you plan not to go to Coffee Beans or Danny's ever.

No comments: