
I would normally take time to leave the room after conducting an exercise session. Sometimes, the members would come forward, normally to ask questions on how this step is done or that. But questions asked after a Body Balance (mixture of yoga, taichi and pilates) class is entirely different. One has to have a wide spectrum on knowledge not only on health but on life itself.
Just yesterday, this woman came up to me after the session. She asked me why is it that she has dreams every night when she goes to bed and wake up like she's never slept. Now this should be a question for the psychologist, definitely not someone like me. The only answer I could think of was that it was due to stress, something that makes you think too much before you go to bed. You need to let go, empty your minds before you go to sleep. I looked at her then. She didn't look like a person who had troubles but of course she wasn't going to tell me that. Neither would she know that I have the same problem and I knew the answer because I was experiencing it. I then advised her to do what we always do at the end of a Body Balance session, not to the stage of meditating but a little like what I always make them do. Relax, empty their minds, go wth the flow of the music, concentrate on your breathing and that is all you use your mind for. Some of them would actually fall asleep there. Now if only I could do that to myself!


No comments:
Post a Comment