
If you knew that you would die tomorrow, what would you do today?
If you knew you would die in a week, what would you do for the next 7 days?
If you knew you only had 6 months to live, what would you do?
If you knew you had only a maximum of 5 years to live, what would you do?
I guess we've never really questioned ourselves these questions but take it for granted that we would not die so soon. And so we go on with our routine lives, working our asses off, chasing after a career, trying to improve our financial situation, trying to get our own homes, cars, etc and chasing our dreams. But if only we knew these were not achievable because we only had five more years to live, would we still be doing this? Would we still work as hard, aiming high to climb the ladder, getting a house and a car which you would not be able to live in or sit in for long?
If I knew, this would be what I would do for the next 5 years:
1. Quit my job
2. Go live on the beach
3. Tell everyone that matters to me how much they really matter to me
4. Declare (this is one thing I cannot bring myself to do now because of fear but if I only had 5 years to live, what the heck......And I'm not going to say what I want to declare here)
5. Live with the one person if I had the one person in my life
6. Eat whatever I want, who cares about being fat, I only have 5 years
7. Go spa, massage, facials, pedicures and manicures, jacuzzis as much as I want to
8. Relax every day
9. Enjoy all my hobbies
I think if I did all these, I might just live longer than 5 years.....
This post is dedicated to my cousin who found out she has brain tumour recently and could not undergo the operation


No comments:
Post a Comment