Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Myanmar anyone?


I've been busy a lot on the internet lately. Reason - the Malaysia Airlines Travel Fair. It's been crazy trying to get on to their website since the fair started. What's more, if you buy directly from the internet, you're automatically entered into a special contest which enables you to win exciting prizes. Now who in the right mind would go to a travel agent to book when you have exciting offers like this on the net? In addition, MATTA (Malaysian Travel Association) forces travel agents to pay MYR30 for any reservations made through them. Plus the banks charge travel agents higher amount for credit card transactions. All these costs of course are transferred on to consumers.

So anyway, I was walking past a travel agent yesterday and talk about retail theraphy for the moodies! I walked in, they enquired and said there was only 1 offer ticket left. Being a woman, nature called and I grabbed the last offer ticket - to MYANMAR! Ah, so be it. There'll be the beautiful Inle Lake, Irrawaddy river cruise, big scenic temples and maybe a coverage on how the locals live in a military governed country and political turmoils. Exciting ain't it?

No comments: