Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The rising of the spirit


I had lunch with some colleagues whom I very seldom talk to today. These two guys were talking about how great it is to have a family when they asked about me. I jokingly said I'd dump myself in the old folks home next time. They got so concerned - If 3 people prayed for me to be there, I would be, they said. Or if I keep telling this to people, it would come true. Furthermore I am psycho-ing myself to be in old folks home if I said this all the time.

So they started to lecture me. If I started showing someone that I cared, giving love out, then love will return to me in many ways and forms. But, loving a dog does not count, they said. They have this theory called the circle of life (reminds me of Lion King). We are all born to continue the circle of life (to continue on the human generation) and it's bad to break it. So how do I do this then? They suggested I adopt a kid for myself. They're bringing me to the orphanages one of those weekends that I'm not on the beach or up in the mountains.

Some very spiritual insights indeed.....

3 comments:

dilvin said...

Hmmm...i wonder was this orphanages the result of 'continue on the human generation' effort.

I say, lets go to the beach, mountains and orphanages too, ...without these 2 dudes.

Francis Ho said...

how can anybody be so sure that what is good for them would also be good for others?

i for one am also not sure if i'll give d same advice to my children but can only share with them my core values and beliefs.

ultimately we all must find out own unique path through life by being honest and true to ourselves.

Wendy said...

Dilvin,

I thot I'd bring the kid up the mountain, train her to be world class mountain climber! Hahaha...

fh2o,

So true, so true. I might be lost at times in life but that doesn't mean I'd have to follow other people's path. Thanks!