I need to re-think strategies.
I need to go off now so I would feel recharged.
I might need a new job. .......
The big D in office has been zero-ing in on me. First D screamed at me for not being able to calculate shipping costs for big bulky items. So now I am a wizard in calculating how much a cargo would cost, how many cartons will fit into a container, how to impose import charges, inland trucking facilities and I know what LCL and FCL mean! Throw me into a freight forwarding company now and I bet you I will survive.
Because of the above, D doesn't trust me anymore. I was told D has this knack of keeping bad impressions of people in D's mind. Forever. So next, D scrutinized every $ and cent on my quotations and made me do it no less than 10 times.
Then then inevitable happened again. It wasn't too inevitable actually. Blame it all on modern technology. D's email to me was never received. D kept querying me again and again on this piece of 'junk' until yesterday. D was never satisfied. D's email yesterday began like this : "I am concerned about you not replying to my emails. If you had not replied but have received it, you could have at least apologized or acknowledge that you've received it....." DUH!!!! Didn't I carefully replied each and every email and went into all wits and ends to cater to all D's whims and fancies? Fortunately I have kept all my replies to D .....
But that didn't keep D satisfied. Instead of commenting on my important piece of drafted email to customer, D's comment to me was this "You should not call people by their first names when you've not met them. People in Europe do not like to be called by their first names. Only when you know them very well and are great friends then you could call them by their first name if they gave permission to you in the first place.". Big DUH!! But I've been speaking and addressing the recipient by his first name for the past couple of months! And is this so important compared to the issues to be discussed?
I truly think there is a plot behind all these. The plot is to annoy me as much as possible until I can't take it any longer and leave. Or maybe I'm just paranoid. I wish I was the staff who's leaving next week.
I need to get a break! And I'm going next week...... !@$%#@



No comments:
Post a Comment