Guess which one is yours truly?
Yesterday was the canoe race organized by WWF. Twenty crazy people trodded to the Titiwangsa Lake at 8am, all hoping to win with the one hour training that 1/2 of them did the day before (I went jungle trekking up the hills instead).
And down we go....
The inevitable always happens especially when you joke about not beng able to swim. All on shore and in water (except me) panicked. All I can remember is Francis' advice - "Hang on to the paddle, don't lose them". See me holding BOTH paddles?
I'm sending this photo to AXN's Amazing Race Asia. Who knows they might qualify me as one of the participants. My joke of not being able to swim becomes a joke on me instead when I have to pull the canoe filled with water and swim to shore with an injured shoulder. Darn! That was far!
"Oi, don't hit me OK?"
Rescuers came a wee bit too late - after doing the stunt halfway through. First question he asked was "You can right?" meaning I can reach the shore all by myself, pulling the darn heavy thing behind. What's the point of the rescuers? Errrmm...maybe you'd better save my canoe partner hanging onto the canoe behind.
It's so good to see a helping hand, especially one who does not ask if "I can" and almost hitting me with the paddle instead. Rescued alas but it wasn't the end. I need to get back out there where I first started the stunt to complete the race.
The ending? My canoe partner almost got a heart-attack and we got sixth placing instead......what a day! I should've been in a swimming competition instead.



5 comments:
Now I know who to avoid if invited to be a tandem partner for a canoe race ... ;)
Ehhh...but I can help you pull the canoe to shore while swimming when it overturns! Expert in that right now! :P
err..pls dun give her nimore instant fame, nanti every vessel also she wants to overturn!
told you that canoeing is not easy
nothing is easy but it's fun! you learn and get better at things and that's the whole idea isn't it?
Post a Comment