I'm supposed to be in the festive mood with Chinese New Year just a week away.I'm supposed to be in the Chinese New Year shopping mode - red new clothes, oranges, kueh kapit (folded loveletters - it's a biscuit!)
I'm supposed to be helping for the preparation of Chinese New Year food for the reunion dinner
I'm supposed to be listening to Chinese songs, especially the ones for Chinese New Year
I'm supposed to be watching more Chinese TV shows
There are many more things that I'm supposed to be doing but instead I am preparing for Valentine's Day.
I have bought 20 Valentine bears
I have taken Valentine pictures
I am listening to groovy English tunes on the radio
I just watched a Bollywood love drama with Shah Rukh Khan in it
I'm looking for the 'muruku' woman (some kind of biscuit mainly for Diwali or Deepavali celebrations)
Note : Of course the Valentine's preparations aren't exactly for me. I don't expect to be celebrating it again this year. It definitely helps when people keep saying that it's just a day too hyped with marketing gimmicks that it doesn't matter anymore. I will definitely be home early on the day, avoiding the lovey dovey scenes in the city.
Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year and Happy Valentine's soon.


2 comments:
how cum valentine not for u??
can u b my valentine den?
Sorry but unless your name starts with 'R' you can't be my Valentine. Who are you by the way?
Post a Comment