Thursday, January 12, 2006

Commiting suicide on my last day in Bali?

NOT!!! As if I would.....




These are pictures taken from Uluwatu temple. There was not a single soul at the temple on the cliff that day. They had walls or fences at most parts at the end of the cliff but there were some parts where one can really commit suicide as there were large spaces without any barrier. One could easily fall off 30ft down the cliff, right into the sea. These were the places I stood and took these pictures. I was hoping for some knight in shinning armour to come save me in case I slipped.



If those weren't dangerous enough, I went to this beach called 'Dreamland' next. It was supposed to be a real dream land - beautiful white beaches, soft sand that your feet would just sink in it, blue skies, clear blue seas...might have been another Heaven on Earth for me. Unfortunately, it was raining very heavily the whole morning and Dreamland became Horrorland. I thought Tsunami hit Bali. I ran in the rain to see my dream land and this was what I saw - the beautiful beach, destroyed within minutes, everything swept away, no more white beaches. I didn't realize then that it was a landslide and the riverbanks broke until I read about them on CNN a few days after I got home. It was such a close call. I understand now how those people on the beaches were still video-ing Tsunami when it happened instead of running away. Ignorance is bliss.

No comments: