
Kuta - the busiest beach in Bali, lots of tourists and fully packed with people at certain parts (it's like Midvalley in KL on a weekend!). Here, you can always see the locals selling stuff, offering massages, surfing, hanging around in groups on the beach while the foreigners would be with their families, some doing tai-chi, playing guitars, getting massages, drawing, taking pictures. Something I noticed here was that Asians always take photos with their two fingers up in the air or on their foreheads or something. Kuta beach is also the target area for bombings as the cubbing area lies along this beach. So what was I doing there? I walked all the way from Kuta town centre back to the surfcamp via the beach. It definitely was a long walk, more than an hour, about 7km maybe but it was fun! Good cardio exercise, lots to see! In fact it was quite an experience.



Keramas - the beach with smooth, shiny black sand. This is one of the best place to take pictures of surfers in action as this is the place where you can get as close as it gets to them. Unfortunately, I missed all the action because each time someone did some stunt, I was taking picture of the sun or the sky or some crab. As soon as I stay focused on the surfers, no one does anything. One has to be really patient sometimes to be a photographer. There was only one 'warong' here and the local guys here play guitars, sing songs that you request and play chess. They can do English, Indonesian, Malaysian (of course it was because they know I'm a Malaysian, the only Malaysian anyway) and Japanese songs. The only thing that irked me was that when I ordered egg sandwich (they're called egg jaffles), the local boy kept saying, "banana jaffles, ok?" and I had to keep saying no. When he finally agreed no banana jaffles, he ordered the 'cook' to make banana jaffles anyway. I wonder why he insisted on the banana jaffles?

Nusa Dua - I would love to live my life on this beach. Of course it's one of the most expensive area to live in but once you step on the soft white sand, see the blue-green sea, see the blue sky, you know you've reached Heaven. Of course you may not be as beach-crazed as I am but still! All along this beach, there are beach chairs with umbrellas all in a row for the sun-bathers. Something missing from here were the locals trying to push their goods - there were none in fact. It's such a quiet place despite the rest of the tourists. Unfortunately, there were no big waves here at that time and the rest of the surfers wanted to go off after standing on the beach for 15 minutes not being able to surf. Sigh! I deliberately came all the way from the surf camp to join them when they said they were heading to Nusa Dua and 15 minutes was all I spent there.


No comments:
Post a Comment