Monday, January 09, 2006

My favourite Surf Beach in Bali

sunset at Turtle Island the clear blue sea, you can see right through it
you can go 'snorkelling' without using any equipments Denga - the surfcamp's black dog. Looks like she found a new friend. She also poo-ed on the beach. Her shit was washed into the sea after a while - yikes!
white beach, blue-green sea, blue skies, it's Heaven on Earth for me! sunset and the shelters to prevent you from overheating yourself. Also serve as business or money-grubbing spots for the locals
Denga!! Stop sniffing around for a place to shit! great waves, great reefs, beautiful place, what else could a surfer ask for?
This is a place called Serangan or Turtle Island. I've not seen any turtles though. One definitely needs a 4WD to get there - bumpy roads, full of potholes and when it rains, it gets worse. Waitaminute, there's not even a proper road. The proper road goes till the toll booth where you'd have to pay 2000 ruppiah (US$0.20) and then right after you pay, you get on the bumpy non-tar-road. Kind of reminds me of the highways in KL where immediately after paying the tolls, you face terrible traffic jams.

About 1km before the beach, you'd see this big, empty lake with a shipwreck. I wonder who, how and why they place it there. Right after that, you'd see a row of huts or 'warongs' as they call it. There would be a few 4WDs parked behind these warongs. Our favourite warong was 'Dakin', named after the famous surfboard manufacturer. Their 'mie goreng' tastes exactly like the Indomie instant noodles but with chicken and vegetables. It's good! I forgot how much it was coz I never had the chance to pay for them.

Immediately upon arrival, you will be decked by a few of these Balinese ladies asking you to buy their goods and services. They thought I was Japanese (everyone thought so! I get so mad at times that I start speaking in their language and leave them in awe), and so they flocked all over me at first. Then on my 2nd visit, I told them I'm Malaysian and I have no money. They must have thought that I am also one of them, hanging around the Whites (their money God), trying to get money out of the Whites, coz the very next day, I heard one of them telling the rest not to bother me as I have no money. Thereafter I was TOTALLY IGNORED! Is this good or bad? Good that no one's bothering me, bad for my self-confidence (I am totally ignored and left behind as they surround the rest of my friends!!!). So anyway, in the end it was a good thing coz they consistently bothered one of the French guys in my group so much that he resorted to giving them money without buying anything.

The beach has beautiful white sand, not that soft but its a beautiful sight with lots of beautiful shells. I ended up collecting one big bowl. This was also where I had some time to take pictures of hunks for Roslyn. Loads of hunks as this was one of the best surf spots. This is the place that I got most of my tan. Of course I love Nusa Dua beaches more but that wasn't a surf spot, no waves....only beautiful white beach, soft sand, blue sea, blue skies....life would be complete if I get to live and die there.

No comments: