
I seriously think that I don't look like a Malaysian-Chinese anymore. Tell me if you think otherwise. This recent picture just confirms it. Mel is Filipino, DM is Tibetan/ Northern Indian and me - WHO AM I? Indeed I'm the darkest one. Heck, I like to be tanned. Call me abnormal but I despise the whitening products in the market and I prefer being in this color. I just wish that other people don't comment so much about what I like to be. I'm being asked lots of funny questions and given silly comments like :
1. But you look pretty when you're 'putih-melepak' (translation: very fair).
My comment to this : yeah right, when I'm as white as ghost
2. Your Mom must be so heartbroken to see her daughter like this!
My comment : So? Is it your Mom's problem?
3. When is your skin going to peel off to reveal your fair skin?
My comment : Sorry! I don't get sun-burn, I get tanned right away and so it's not going to peel off and I'm not going to get any fairer
4. All the guys are going to run away!
My comment : If the guy is going to like me for my color, then for heaven's sake, RUN!
5. Apasal you hitam?!!! (Why are you black?!!! - said with big-wide eyes like they've just seen a ghost)
My comment : And why are you not black?
Well, heck, I don't care what others say, but I am going to maintain this tan. Trying very hard to and it isn't easy as the sun hasn't been out since I got back and the times when there was sunhine, I didn't have time to be outdoors.


2 comments:
i like d one on right :)
wish she could be my ONE
Yeah. When I was back in Asia last, I was very sad to see all the whitening products. I am what my friends call me the world's whitest Asian so am quite fair also. I am usually fair in winter and dark in summer. I use SPF 60 but only because of the wrinkle factor but if I get colour from it, then so be it. We should all just get to be comfortable in our own skins.
Post a Comment