
This was my first breakfast in Bali - truly, food catered for the Westerners. They only served orange juice with coffee and scrambled eggs with toasted bread. I wanted my chocolate milk or soya milk or even mango lassi then.

Now, this looks a lot better. This was my breakfast the days after. They make delicious pancakes and all the juices were thick and yummy, more like eating ice-cream. My favourite was the avocado juice as you can see in this picture. I finished up all their avocados and they didn't have anymore by the 4th day or so that I had to resort to banana juice or orange juice instead.
This bowl of food is called 'bakso'. It would be what we call 'Mihoon soup' (rice vermicelli in soup) in Malaysia. The difference is that their rice noodle is blue in color. This cost something like MYR1.15 but someone had to go pay 5000 ruppiah instead which was about MYR2.00. Their secret recipe was of course the Ajinomoto (artificial flavoring) that makes it tastes too good for something like this.
Now this is in an 'expensive' Thai restaurant in Seminyak. Expensive and high-class in Bali anyway but the bill was not more than MYR60.00 for all the food ordered. Let me see, there was soup, chicken, lamb, vegetables, drinks, enough to feed 3 people. As usual, this was as far as I got in taking the pictures. When the food arrived, I was busy gobbling them up again.

Finally, pictures of my Christmas Eve dinner. We were trying to make the most out of nothing, having Western food and all. Anyhow, the food was good and as you can see, I had too much to eat again. The only place I could gain weight would probably be in Bali. All these food on the table cost something like MYR38.00.
So after posting up all these pictures, I am real hungry now. Signing off, in search of food....


No comments:
Post a Comment