You know all those stories about how the tow trucks get business on the roads by spraying oil on the fast lane on a rainy day? They might very well be true.I was driving along MRR11 last night after the heavy downpour on the fast lane. About a hundred metres from my home (fortunately), there was this black box the size of a shoebox on the road. I couldn't avoid it or I'd risk hiting the divider or the car next to me thus I ran over the shoebox. Only that it wasn't a shoebox but it was something really hard and you could not see it from afar as it was as black as the tar road. I was swerving like crazy. If it was darker and I didn't see that it was a box, I would've thought that I ran into someone's head. (I know I'm exaggerating again, like how most horror stories are). My tyres burst immediately. Thankfully I was so near my home that I slowly drove with three tyres back to the guardhouse. But picture this - a little bit off the road where the box has been placed, there stands a tow truck, ready to be called for help. Does this coincide with anything?
It was midnight when I finally got help and changed the tyre. There goes my target of sleeping by 10pm every night.
Do becareful out there on the road especially during these festive season when lots of people are looking for money.


No comments:
Post a Comment