
I was talking to one of my closer friends in the gym today. He gave me some encouraging words. He asked me if I knew how many people admired me and wanted to be me. I have a house, a car, a good job...I don't want to mention the rest of the things he said though, I am too modest. But all these are mostly material gains which I had not asked for in life. Yes, I did work for all these but they weren't what I really wanted in this life. If only these people knew what I have to go through and have gone through, would they still want to be me?
He then proceeded to say that yes, life is always unfair. The one thing that you really want in life, you almost always never get it. Enjoy the little things that come along even though they weren't things that you wish for.
I guess there are some truths in this. If you had that one thing that you always wished for in life, doesn't this mean that you have got most of your life together, nothing to look forward to achieve and it's time to go? But if you still had to fight for this one thing that you really want, you continue on living for that purpose until you achieve it?
Does this mean that as long as we continue living on this planet, our lives will always be unfulfilled because as humans, we are never satisfied and are always not completely happy with what we have.
Do I need a psychiatrist now?


2 comments:
some people have more obstacles more than others and this is what life is all about. and life is never fair in the 1st place.
grass is always greener on the other side. if i tell people what i really want.. a home for me to rest. is that ever possible?
Despite having a simple life myself, I always crave for things like what you have. Yes, the world is cruel and I always blame the world and the justice lies around human. Who said there's justice? If there is justice, then we'll never need lawyers and police to guard the safety of the humans. I do not know if I can achieve whatever I wished for. But, I certainly need to smack my own butt and start doing some decision on my own.
Post a Comment