Monday, May 29, 2006

Bootilicious - Hiking boots!

I don't think my company would allow me to claim this as holiday expenses. It's difficult enough looking for hiking boots and worse there are sooooo limited women's outdoor shoes. I guess not many women here are keen on outdoor activities. Even the store which I bought this from declares that only Western women buys their hiking boots. I can count with one hand how many hiking boots there are for women in the entire shop. Men's boots were all on sale, some even up to 50% but women's boots, the highest was a 30% discount. Darn my skinny feet, men's boots are to broad for me! And darn Timberland, women's hiking boots are $699!

Would I look like a real hitchhiker with this boots on?
Or if I carried an axe, would I look like I was going to chop some woods?

I didn't know this was one of the better brands for outdoor sports before this.
All I could think of was Nike, Reebok and Timberland. Nike and Reebok would
definitely have toenails lost.
Frontview. It's 4 1/2" high. It's got Dri-Lex moisture wicking lining (whatever it is).
Metal hardware on front portin to protect toenails (YAY!). Omnigrip sole (sure as
good as construction boots - non-slip). Internal EVA insole (no idea what this means!)
See? Waterproof. I still wonder how...

I went to this warehouse sale which had some outdoor gadgets. Most were from Coleman. I thought of getting myself those support hooks for abseilling. They had hooks but in big letters, it was written "not for hiking". Then? What are they for? Hang plastic bags on your knapsack? Among other things sold were axes, 18 inch knives (parangs), airbed which, if you blow it up, it becomes almost a 6in high Queen sized bed, and other small knick-knacks. I wish I brought my camera there. Aren't this people asking for trouble? I can visualize parang gangs attacking the area with so many new parangs and axes!

3 comments:

XCB said...

where did you buy the hiking boots?
Do u know where can i get it in malaysia?

Wendy said...

Sure, I bought this pair from Sports Station in Sg. Wang. I'm sure they have it in all their other outlets. They're also sold in all other sports shops.

Anonymous said...

Nice stuff!! I am going to hit a hiking trail this week and got a pair of Columbia hiking boots from Backcountry Outlet.