Thursday, May 04, 2006

BURN! BURN! BURN!


I've recently been talking a lot to this customer from the country down south. Usually, customers from this country are very (VERY!) particular about their orders and would fight and kill to get the best of the best.

Once, there was this customer who purchased a chess set on behalf of his boss. He returned the chess set twice because you can see the nail marks behind the chess board (I wish I could just remove the nails so that half the board could drop on his feet). On his second return, he called and asked me if he could purchase the set at 50% off instead!

Not to mention, there were numerous customers who emailed us asking for better discounts whom are all from that country : "Could you suggest a corporate gift? My budget is $10". Errr...yeah, how about two pieces of pewter dust?

So, this customer found a bug on our website. It was due to the recent upload of their currency into our website. She found it and ordered 20 pieces of our e-gift vouchers, saving her a total of $800! Thank goodness she didn't order 200 pieces. Or 2000 or 20000! She could've got my company bankrupt! Right after she did this (it was during the long weekend), she went to the retail outlet nearby and told them that she wanted the gift vouchers there and then asking them to honour it. Of course in the end she has to come back to our website. We offered her vouchers worth $1200, the exact amount that she's paid plus an additional $100 voucher for her own use. She refused. So next, we offered to cancel her order and still give her $100 voucher for nothing. She refused. Of course if I were to write the whole conversation she had with me, this blog could not be accessed anymore - it will definitely take up too much bandwidth. So finally, we had to honour her order and give her the 20 pieces of vouchers worth $100 each! Happy? She should be right? But nope. Because she had to use the vouchers separately, this means 20 orders through the website and all 20 orders would have shipping charges. She called this morning and told me to change her vouchers to $200 instead. What the &^%$#$%*()!

I am so going down south soon. I have a couple of houses to burn! Not to mention in this emotional state of mine, I am so dangerous! After burning the houses down, I'm still thinking of what I could do next. Maybe tear their guts out through their belly buttons.

2 comments:

coffee81 said...

Ganasnya....

Wendy said...

I can be ganas if I want to, especially when these type of people get me at the wrong time.