Wednesday, May 24, 2006

$400 or no toe nail?


Remember this?

I've just gotten some hints for proper shoes during the mountain hike. One is the $5 construction rubber shoes which is hard, waterproof and definitely non-slip. You could get this from any hardware shops. It's something like Phua Chu Kang's yellow construction boots but not that high. A few people were recommended this for the climb up Mount Kinabalu. Unfortunately, most came down with lots of blisters and lost toe nails.

I've also looked at Timberland. Waterproof, non-slip with lots of extra cushioning inside to prevent blisters and injuries. Unfortunately, it costs on an average of $450. It's proven though that those who went up Mount Kinabalu in this came down uninjured with toe nails intact.

Now I'm not sure about Mount Santubong because this is the mountain less climbed and no steps from the start unlike Mount Kinabalu.

I'm thinking now, is my toenail worth $445? My previous experience with that toenail kicked out of my toe didn't really hurt and the two months while it was growing wasn't much of a disturbance. Hmmm....

Any other suggestions?
Actually, this should be least of my worries. I should be worrying more about emptying my bladder and intestines the morning before I go up.

No comments: