Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Can I use this for National Geographic contest?


This picture was taken by a very very old friend of mine, Jose, who lives in Spain (was it 17 years ago when we first knew each other?). He's promised me to let me stay for free when I'm there for a holiday if I put up this picture on my blog. Hahaha! To me, it's a really cool place, looks exactly like a scene from Harry Porter or LOTR. Wait till you see another picture of the house in the valley (you are going to resend me the pic, aren't you Jose?). You'd probably want to live in that place forever!

Anyway, here's what Jose has to say about this picture :
"I send to you a photo of Mount Ocejon, as I see it from the garden of my old house. As I told you, heaven in the Earth...."

Maybe I should just skip going to the zoo this weekend for pictures and use this one instead for that National Geographic contest. I'm sure it'll win me my prize to the photographers seminar in San Diego!

2 comments:

coffee81 said...

Finally, you got yourself a photo to submit for the contest! Congrats!!! Now, all you have to do is to start scribbling the description for the this year's theme. 500 words...one theme...means one thing - painstaking artistic writing skills required. In your case, it's not a prob!

Anonymous said...

Some comments about htis photo. It is taken in a small village, of about 50 inhabitants, which is 120km from Madrid, in Spain. The mountain is called Ocejon, 2.048 metres high. In the very peak there is a small monument with a religious scene carved in stone.
It tooks between 2-3 hours to climb from the village to the peak, in a very pleasant walk with some paths of medium dificulty.

I like specially this view because, as Wendy says, it remembers to me LOTR. Sometimes, this mountain lokks like Caradhras; sometimes it looks like Lothlorien.

The photo is taken from the garden of my OLD house. I say old, because it dates from 1843 (not mistake: 1843), and it still stands.

Greetings,
Jose