I recently went on a weekend trip to Port Dickson. My last visit prior to this was about four years ago where I stayed in one of the numerous seaside apartments. This time it was completely different as it was more of a backpacking trip, which coincidently is the way I choose to travel these days.

So romantic! Walking out to the middle of the sea, how many
couples get the chance to do that?
A small town like this normally is not meant to be a visitors' spot thus it was a surprise when a tour bus arrived and Koreans scoured the night market, better known as 'pasar malam' in this part of the world. Nevertheless, the town remains ghostly at night with little to do except looking out for Hercules, Scorpius and Dorado in the sky. Well, unless you're one who'd go for karoake sessions then there are quite a few in the bigger hotels.

The infamous night market in this little town being invaded by Koreans
What I like about this little paradise (paradise to me because there's the sun, sea and sand) is its quietness, watching sunsets and sunrise without the complications you'd get in a big city, counting the stars, getting big portions of food at a price as little as the town itself, walking out to the middle of the sea during lowtides and visiting one of the more prominent landmarks in the country.

The one and only well-known monument in Port Dickson,
that beautiful lighthouse by the sea!
Such a tiny place yet so much to offer.



2 comments:
I've never been to PD. After reading this post, I think I should make my way there soon. Thanks for sharing. :p
Yeah, lots to see in PD! Remember to go visit Avillion as well. You can access it via Saujana Beach. Just pretend to be one of their guests when they look at you curiously!
Post a Comment