Friday, May 11, 2007
Photo Studios, Make-up Artist and such
I've been having a difficult time with photo studios and make-up artists since I got tanned. Take last month for example, I requested a red background passport sized photo from the photo studio. Their red background was really red, which was the exact colour I wanted so there we went, snap, snap. I went to collect the photos the next day and the background was PINK! Really pink..... Their explanation? "Oh, because we wanted you to look fair so we tonned the colour down. Look at how fair you are!" Pig.
My sister's friend used the same make-up artist as I did for her wedding. Her make-up turned out beautifully natural unlike mine which was dark pink, heavy blue eyes with WHITE powder smeared all over my face, neck, chest and arms. Digital photos were fine because then I could Photoshop the pictures but I'll tell you how the photos taken on film turned out - pale ghastly face with paint smeared over the eyes as bright as the red rose I had on my hair. Explanation? "But brides are supposed to look fair so I'm turning your skin to fair. Besides, the make up won't show on your tanned skin if it was too light." Pig.
The restaurant manager asked me if I were Malaysian Chinese because I couldn't speak Chinese and my skin colour didn't look Chinese. "No, I'm his Filipino maid actually....".
My Mum keeps asking me when I would turn fair again.
Yesterday, my supplier who hasn't seen me for two years asked me how come I'm dark now. "Because I play outside these days."
My facial therapists keeps pushing me with whitening products and keeps insisting on facial programs that would make me fair. She says I suffer pigmentation all over my body. By the way, why are there so many whitening products in the market? Even lipgloss! My scope of women toiletries is getting narrower by the day because almost ALL products have whitening effects.
Why is there such a taboo on darker skin Chinese women anyway?
I hate them. Period.



1 comment:
Yes, what is the dealio with that bullshit? I am fair in the winter time and dark in the summer time. You should just start doing your own makeup OR move here! No one will care what colour you are. The only thing we care about is putting sunscreen on...
Post a Comment