I am working in an e-commerce department. The computer is an extremely crucial life-threatening (or job-threatening in this case) heart-rendering equipment in this department yet I've had a lot of comments from suppliers and colleagues from other departments. I am running on Windows 98 on an old machine. Heaven knows how I've gone through this for umpteenth years while working in a department labeled as 'E-COMMERCE'. Each time my supplier visits me at the office, he laughs and jokes that his company has supplied me with a brand new Windows XP PC and that is the one keeping the department alive at times which, is a true fact, unfortunately. People in the sales department whom uses the computer like once a week has a far better computer than me. The reason given is that my department knows how to handle PC crashes and has not called for IT support for a very long time compared to those in sales whom if given the opportunity to use such an old PC would give nightmares to the IT support people.
Yesterday, my computer screen blinked, words went blurry and *poof* - smoke came out. The monitor died. I was looking at all the other 14 inch monitors around me and consoling myself that it's only for one more month. Surprise, surprise, I was given a brand new flat screen 17 inch Samsung monitor which I didn't have to calibrate for the right colours every time I switched it on.
So now, I guess to get a new PC would be to kill the computer....shall I?


2 comments:
U resigned fm yr current job? Think'g of migrat'g 2 say mayb Indonesia, since u like w visit that pl so much.
Yeah...like Bali! I'd be there soon....
Post a Comment