Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What Free Thing?


I recently got this voucher to go for a spa treatment which includes foot bath, body scrub and a 40 minutes massage. It was worth MYR300, the voucher says and that sounds really good. So then I tried to call for an appointment. This was how the phone conversation went:

A: Can I make an appointment for the free treatment?
B: Sure, which day would you like to come?
A: How about this Saturday?
B: Oh, we're fully booked this Saturday.
A: What about Sunday?
B: Sunday is worse, we're closed at 5pm
A: What about next weekend?
B: We're fully booked next weekend as well.
A: What about weekdays?
B: We are fully booked during weekdays after office hours.
A: So this means I will have to take leave to go?
B: Yes, looks like it.

So much for the free stuff. Nothing is free in this world, is it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing's free ... even love! hehee ;)

Anonymous said...

You should actually call back and pretend to be a 'normal' customer instead of one trying to redeem some free stuff. I'm sure you'll get an appointment immediately!

Wendy said...

fh2o,

Ah well, I actually took 1/2 day leave to unwind myself and went there for the free services. Spent 1/2 hour in the room with someone trying to brainwash me into signing up for packages worth thousands!