Saturday, December 23, 2006

Grave digging


What would you do when the company asks you to de-grade your subordinates and tells you only one person in the department can have a better grade than the rest? All of them have worked hard throughout the year and all of them are equally good in their own ways. Who do you choose? And there is no way out as otherwise you get sacked for not following the rules of the company. The rest will surely envy the one so-called better person and think you're the culprit who practices favouritism. The worse thought is that if you choose one to have the better grade, you know then that you yourself won't be getting the better grade as you've given it away.


The company calls this grade restructuring, I call it grave digging. I might as well start digging my own grave in the company compound. I bet my tombstone will read - "There lies me, grave dug by fellow colleagues and burried alive". I'm just hoping not to see all four tyres of my car punctured one of these days. Help me......

No comments: