Monday, December 18, 2006
Christmas Gifts and Wishes
It's that time of the year again. That time to give and receive. It's almost similar every year - no physical 'presents' which I could look back and remember that Christmas (minus off the gift-exchange sessions). All those years have been filled with gifts of memories - memories that slowly fade off with the passing days. I couldn't help it. My brains are only just that size and thus, against my will, I have to let go of them and let new ones replace them.
I could remember the time when I was young and my parents would buy me toys and put them on my pillow before I woke up on Christmas morning. We didn't really celebrate Christmas then, not even now. The invites, visits and Christmas TV movies just sort of blend our Christmas for us. That morning when I opened my eyes, I was filled with ecstacy. The feeling of being appreciated of being who I am, the feeling of being loved and the childlike thoughts that I've been good for the whole year just fills me to the brim even though the present wouldn't be what I would have wished for Santa to bring.
So this year, I thought of spreading the cheer instead, looking at friends around me receiving little gifts, their expressions, their gratitude. Unfortunately I don't have my camera anymore. I spent the last weekend buying small gifts for them and gave them out today. I am really a bad shopper, not really knowing what to buy especially in the pour homme section. I've not decided what to get the guys or where to get them. My other brain says gadgets which, seriously, doesn't register into my brain. Would they have the same kind of expression as the belles if I got them a hammer, for example, or a mug? I just don't know and I've got a couple more days to go before they accuse me of being unequal....help!
There's still no snow for me this Christmas and I'll expect the same - the invites, TV shows and visits plus the little Christmas shopping spree I did moulding into that Christmas for me. But since I have a blog now, perhaps I'll do it a little differently by adding here the list of gifts I would like to see on my pillow, that I don't think I'd get as they are too much actually.
1. Good health throughout the year
2. My Canon IS S3 camera (but ah....I'm getting this myself already)
3. A dozen bottles of that Thailand 'minyak angin' where you could sniff it on one side (does wonders to your sleepy brains!). Anyone going to Thailand?
4. A holiday in Maui or Mauritius or Maldives (what's with the M countries?). OK...so maybe Jamaica or Himalaya or Tibet
5. Plane tickets to Spain for my secret runaway trip
6. A year of spa, massage and facial sessions to erase off those unnecessary stress that I get from work
7. A clean swimming pool treated with salt instead of chlorine and heater for the cold days
8. Some time for myself to do those things that I've wanted to do when I have time like ice-skating and softball
9. A good dog who wouldn't eat her poo
10. A regular bowel movement, I kid you not
Told you I am just too much.....Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!



No comments:
Post a Comment