
I've been looking at prices for that Canon IS S3. Some Canon dealers offered it at RM1600. There are sellers on eBay and Lelong who sells it at RM1500 which, I would not dare trust. Singapore retails it at $700 (RM1550).
Last week, there was an ad on Canon's warehouse sale. I called them a day before it started to check if they were going to sell any. After all, their ads said discounts were up to 70%. Even if they sold it at RM1500, I would get it. I was laughing in glee when they told me they do have it at the warehouse sale but refused to tell me how much it was, how many units they had and if I could make an advance booking.
I woke up too early this morning, ready to rush 40km to the warehouse sale site and get there to get that camera. There were tens and thousands of people there when I arrived at 10am, no place to park, etc! I pushed my way in to that camera, relieved that I saw a few boxes of it there and started to check for the price. It was RM1899. No more discount, I was told. What the.....
Are you allowed to sell goods at a price higher than all other retail shops when you claim you're having a warehouse sale? 70% my foot! It's not even a 0.1% discount!


2 comments:
i suggest u get a eos 400d, only thing is lens must get individually or share with friends
and yes get from sg
That eos400d is 3x more than S3 without the lens!! Plus I figured I'm not professional enough to use a SLR yet so I guess this is one step before going to SLRs...
Post a Comment