Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Slimy, Yucky & Watery


Uncle Wong (the canteen operator) had a new machine installed last week. It's a whipped potato machine from Maggi. I had a go at it yesterday thinking that perhaps I could get my daily carbohydrates from that instead of plain rice. It was as easy as pressing some buttons and out comes whipped potato. Imagine my shock when that wasn't it. Slimy, watery, whitish, yellowish stuff came out of that machine. It resembled poo. The ones you have when suffering from tummy aches. Further shock came when the slimy, watery stuff hardened before my eyes and became whipped potato. It was the same with the brown gravy which thickens up in seconds.

I wrote an e-mail to Maggi. Told them about my wonderful experience with the machine and asked them what the ingredients were - slimy watery stuff turning into thick whipped potato doesn't sound too edible to me! But actually, it tasted good. Perhaps KFC is using similar machines for their whipped potato as they taste alike.

Speaking of which, I had some toilet shock a couple of days ago. Fresh blood was coming out instead of poo. Ran down to the clinic to discover that maybe it was hemorrhoids. To confirm, I was asked to show my butt to the nurse. That is sick as I wasn't going to show my butt to someone whom I see almost every other day. So, I was given some medicine for suspected hemorrhoids and one of it really sucks because you have to push it into you-know-where. I've got three more nights to go after which my butt will be free, I hope!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gross!
Hope you're getting better now ... ;)

Anonymous said...

try "Daflon 500mg" and u can skip those stuffing stuff :P
of course ask yr Doc for advice before comsumption.

Wendy said...

fh2o,

I know!! But at least I don't feel like taking my butt off me now! :)

Anon,

Hey thanks for the advice. I was actually given Daflon as well but I kind of stopped taking it yesterday...

2 more nights to go...boo hoo hoo! Actually I think I'm getting good at it.

Anonymous said...

dont waste your time for 2 more nights la.... actually daflon alone will do the trick.... unless u enjoy stuffing...ahem... ouch ;P