Thursday, June 15, 2006

There's only downs and no ups in life




I finally thought that I'd find some peace and release stress this weekend going up Mount Santubong. Guess what? I am down sick, flu, sore throat, fever and all. My back aches, so does my head. Just two days before I leave, three days before the hike up.

Why is everything so against me these couple of months? I'm starting to think this has something to do with me being born on Friday the 13th. Even the part about seeing wandering spirits. Am I jinxed or what?

I guess if I don't recover by then, I'd have to sit by the foot of the mountain with the taxi driver till they all come down.

7 comments:

Francis Ho said...

In the cycle of life; there is always a down as well as an up. Day turns into nite and nite into day; the tide flows in and it flow out once again, twice in a day.

Some cycle may take longer that's all.

Hang in there! Your up is on the way! ;)

Wendy said...

Thanks for the meaningful words!
I had my up when I went to Kuching, climbed up Mount Santubong and had some great three days holiday there! :)

Francis Ho said...

Did you know that the locals believed that there are spirits living in Mt Santubong?

There are lots of local stories and legends about this mountain. I'll tell 'em to you over a nice cup of coffee when you're next here! ;)

Anonymous said...

Will you be up if you have a bf ?

Wendy said...

Francis,
Maybe I met up with some good spirits up there!

Anonymous,
I don't really know how to answer this....

Anonymous said...

have you got a bad patch in your love life ?

Wendy said...

love life? what on earth is that? hahaha.....

I only know my love for the beach and everything else nature. Such is the happiness that these places can give to me.