The Sarawak Tourism Board - colonial style building, very architectural!
Tuak - that sweet alcoholic thing which I drink only if
it's with fermented rice
Our first stop was the Sarawak Tourism Board. Spotted some 'worth-taking' pictures there, like the Tuak (some alcoholic beverage, famous only in Sarawak). I would drown myself with this if taken with fermented rice. It really tastes so different from the rest of alcoholic beverages. If you ever find me in lying in hospital, this may be the cause.
Next, we walked along the Riverfront. The long rows of shops spells neverending shopping spree for some. However, I wasn't here for shopping, neither were the rest. We were just non-shoppers or better known as bad shoppers. All I got was this bamboo curtain to replace my current wooden beaded one which I bought last year. Those beads have long fallen off and some strings were shorter due to my weekend dog who keeps running through it for fun and some careless people who gets stuck between the curtain while walking through my door.
One of Sarawak's famous tropical fruit
called Buah Salak. Funny it's not found
in West Malaysia.
After rows and rows of shops, we ended up at the side of the river. The one where no walkways were built, next to the wet market. I missed this part the last time I was here and thus missing the great sceneries of the Rejang River. There were also people selling vegetables and fruits along the road. They were laughing at me taking close up pictures of the fruits and vegetables.
Did I tell you, the Queen was also shopping on the same day?
That night, we walked along the night market at Satok. Same old stalls but I noticed there were less this time. Previously, I got lost in the night market because there were just rows and rows of stalls at every corner of the road till the end of each road. I got myself 3 humongous juicy pears for my fibre needs to last me till the end of the trip. In fact, I brought one back to KL.
Such a big bunch of corns for MYR2! Where else can you
get this except in Kuching?
Looks so delicious!!! One of the stalls at Satok night market
Our last stop was at the Stadium where the Cultural show was held. Again, we met up with the big shots, the King and the Queen. Little did I know that further along the trip, I would have my very own private meeting with one of the big shot's son without knowing who he is......






5 comments:
welcome to kuching
psst..that one not Rejang la..is the Sarawak river.
OOpppssss...OH NO! And I thought there was only 1 river in Sarawak. Shows that I must get there more often!
looks like there's room for improvement in your geography :p
another reason why we cant go to Sipadan after coming down from mt. K.Just too far, time too short. :)
hehehe...everything looks so near on the internet though! Jeez....talk about modern tech and its after effects! I think I should've been left behind in the jungles of Borneo so I'd know geography better!
Post a Comment