Wednesday, June 21, 2006

On the way to Kuching

If you've been wondering where I've disappeared to again, well, I've been to the mountain and back. I've been sleeping too much since then and have not even had time to log on to blog.

So, I'm back, all in one piece, very much alive and kicking. It didn't start off too good actually. Really, I wanted to just bury my head somewhere on the way to Kuching.

This was what happened:
Normally, I'd take numerous 'Google Earth' like pictures from the top of the sky. This time around though, everyone was so 'kiasu' and rushed to get window seats. By the time I got up the plane, the only window seat available was the one right next to the wing. It totally blocked out part of the view.


Going above the clouds
The wing of the plane cannot be avoided!

I gave up after some time and fell asleep instead. It was still going ok until the huge commotion behind me. I didn't really bother at first till the man behind me screamed that it was raining in the plane and literary called for 'Bomba' a.k.a. air stewardess. I got up and saw water dripping down from the luggage compartment all the way to the back of the plane.

I finally realised that it may be because of me! I had left my Tupperware (so much for the 10-year-no-leaking warranty) with water 1/3 filled, up on the compartment. Thanks to Air Asia for not allowing us to bring in any food and water. I thought that was the safest place to hide my bottle of water. In my excitement, I've thrown all my knowledge in Science out the airplane and forgot that the pressure build up above would push the cover open.

The air stewardess climbed up to look into the compartment and started to ask loudly "Who kept water here?". That was when I wanted to jump off the airplane. I stood next to her and started to apologize. She was not that bad actually. She kept quiet and just started to absorb all the water with tons of tissue paper. I got back into my seat with the tupperware in my hand, contemplating jumping off through the emergency door right in front of me. But too bad, the idea was quite useless.

This all wouldn't have been so bad if that man behind me didn't keep complaining and chastising me all the way to Kuching, out of the plane and all the way till we got through the imigrations. (Hey, I said I was sorry and can't you see I was going to jump off the plane??? You pig!) He is surely worse than any woman I've ever met. I wonder how he could keep going on and on for so long.

At the airport, I was told that the water which dripped behind was red in color, not clear water. OK, so it wasn't only me right? I certainly didn't bring any Ribena into the airplane!

No comments: