Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Gaji Buta

The topic means "Blind Salary" if directly translated from the Malay language or it just means people who receives salaries for doing absolutely nothing.

There is this guy in my company who has been sitting there doing nothing for umpteenth months except for surfing the net, going on shopping trips and directing everybody else to do his work. I really wish I could send a report on how much he surfs the net every day and the sites that he surfs are irrelevant to his work. He is the top 5 net surfer, after the 3 e-commerce ladies in my department (who rightfully maintains at the top for the jobs they do) and the photographer (whom also needs to surf the net for images for his work). Unfortunately, I am not in the position to show this report to his boss.

Today, he came to my department and talked to one of the e-commerce ladies. It was about his new direct mailer. He didn't even have the idea how to do this right. He could have talked to me instead and I could have dispersed the knowledge to all 3 of them. But instead he zeroed in on one and left out the rest.

The worse is yet to come. This was my conversation with him:
Me: A, don't you have additional copies of your mailers? There are 3 customer service personnels here.
A: Ermm, but we don't have extra copies. This is the only piece I have.
Me: What about using the photocopy machine?

He turned away (I think he turned beet red) and continued talking to the one whom he was talking to. Ms. Lee was smirking all the way.

DUH!!! I thought a kid would know the answer to these kind of problems!

No comments: