Monday, June 12, 2006

The spirit roams.....


Do you believe in dead spirits roaming around? I do.
Have you had an experience encounters with the dead and invisible? I have.

Three times so far in this lifetime. Remember the movie of the little boy who sees the dead? Or the current TV show the Ghost Whisperer? I can relate to them.

The first time when I was 7. I used to cry and complained that I did not want to go to school. Reason? I used to sit in this dark bicycle shed before school starts. There was always this old man who wears a white turban and white long sleeved shirt and sarong, carrying a walking stick who sits next to me every day and starts talking to me. The eerie thing is that no one has ever seen this man and no one ever sees him sitting next to me.

The second encounter was when I was working late in the then newly built Phileo building in Jalan Tun Razak / Jalan Ampang. There had been stories of people getting killed while the building was being built. Their trapped souls must have been lingering in the building. I was all alone in the office then, working late. My phone started to ring. Now the phones there had caller ID screens and it was showing an extension number of a nearby colleague in the department. I stood up and saw no one there. The lights started to flicker then. I ran.

The third one was last Saturday in office. I was all by myself then at about 7:30pm. Half the lights on the floor were not switched on. I went to the loo and right after I came out of the loo, I heard someone singing near where I stood. It couldn't be any radio because none were switched on and I was pretty sure that even the radio won't sound this way. I didn't bother about the sound too much because then what was encountering a spirit compared to what I've gone through in life. It stopped after a while when I ignored it.

Now I'm starting to believe that maybe I was born to communicate with the spirits and help them go into the next world. How ambitious!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes, that is a trip!

Anonymous said...

can i get to know you ?

Wendy said...

To anonymous:
Sure, if you're not one of those free roaming spirits!

Francis Ho said...

Hmmm interesting ... my eldest sister claims to see 'things' ever since she was a child. Now as an adult she keeps mumb about it as this is not the sort of thing you bring up in daily conversations! Especially when you're living in Australia. She still have these 'encounters'.

As for me, I cannot see nor fear such spirits. They just are. ;)