
I hate telling people where I work at because by default, they assume I am either an air stewardess or ground stewardess. Why people associate this with any airline is beyond my imagination. Why airline companies are not associated with marketing people or web designers or IT remains a big question mark in my head.
The older generation asks me if I wear uniforms to work. My parents came back bewildered when they saw me in t-shirt and jeans. Perhaps they thought that my uniforms have not arrived. My friends ask me if I work in-flight or on-ground. I suppose all jobs in an airline company that does not involve flying are called ground operations. If new terms were to be conjured up, mine should probably be 'virtual operations'.
When I tell people I am an editor in an airline company, they give me funny looks. I've finally thought of the best way to explain this. I'll just tell them that I edit words that appear on the planes....you know like if it's an Airbus and it's written as only 320, I should tell them to add the AB in front. Or the abbreviation for flights to Kuala Lumpur should be called KLLPR instead of KUL. Haha...


No comments:
Post a Comment