Monday, July 16, 2007

The Flying Academy

I was at the Academy today for my so-called orientation that I missed last week. It's funny how people outside the company ask me if I have become a flight attendant at the airline company and in office, no one understands what my department nor my position is all about. My department is called *** media and my position, content editor. Somehow, the people, my colleagues think that I work for the newspapers and I am probably a reporter.

Today's orientation had ninety percent flight operations people - yeah..think air stewardesses and pilots from all over the world. Unfortunately the pilots and male flight attendants will be brainwashed to have punk hair after tomorrow.

The first thing that was said as I entered the room in my shirt and jeans was to be greeted by the head of training who literary said that as frontliners (which I am not), we had to be properly dressed - women in proper blouses and skirts that are one inch above the knees. No jeans, no t-shirts. Thankfully, I had on a white shirt today.....but the jeans!!! I was trying desperately to hide my legs somewhere.

I was literary told that I am on a secret mission so my job description and my department would not be made known until the mission is publicly announced to the press. It's no wonder that when the trainers introduced the departments to the flight ops people, they have no idea what *** media does and they somehow think that I am a reporter. We were in the no-access training area for the flight ops people and the trainer was introducing the training equipments like the cabin, the slide and the flight simulator when she suddenly called upon my department, "Media people, media people, would you like to take pictures here?" I was stunned. I guess she thought that I was sent to the flight operations training for this purpose. And what did I do? I took out my Sony Ericsson handphone and started to take pictures. Yeah right....what kind of 'media' person am I who takes pictures for the press with a handphone......


entry to the video game..opps! I mean the flight simulator.

the flight simulator

cabin crew's training area

this is where cabin crews are setaed when on planes

the slide - 90 people slides down in 1 minute or something

No comments: