
I admit, I went to Port Dickson last weekend for a self cleansing ritual. One which I may need every weekend now looking at the stress that I collect each weekday. It was the beach again, the warmth of the sea, the healing sound of the waves and beautiful sunset. Nevertheless it was another pigging out session come evening. From goreng pisang (banana fritters) to assam laksa (sour plum soupy noodles), a full course dinner which ended up with four types of dessert - steamed peanuts, apam balik (sweet triangle pancake), rojak (mixed fruits with spicy-sweet gravy) and tapai (fermented wine rice) not mentioning the nasi lemak (coconut frgrant rice with spices, anchovies, cucumber and nuts) for starters, I think I created a monster out of myself. Serves me right for the diarrhea session the day after.
It's still a spiritually cleansing process and I still dream of the day I get to live by the sea. Perhaps I should approach Club Med for that job offer again. Even sitting in their office and holidaying on certain days of the year seems exciting!


7 comments:
Ahh...That's my dream too. I am always called by the ocean, sun and sand. Hence the main reason why that I had to get married in Jamaica. Wish I was back there...
Work sounds insane right now...
p.s belated congratulations on your wedding BTW
Hi karen!
Thanks....I guess you knew about it through Jo coz I don't think I realy mentioned it here.
Oh yeah, and my elope plan failed miserably...should've consulted you back then.
Work is extremely insane here as well!
cleansing ?
like lying nude on beach ?
You married? When? So sad. I'm not friend enough for you ah?
Evie,
I was supposed to be eloping, no one should know. In the end, plan failed and so, family and relatives appeared plus my helpers....
Dunno lah...I thought I'd save all your angpows which eventually goes back to the restaurants, so I cut the vicious cycle and leave the $$$ in your pockets instead of giving donations to the restaurants...hahaha
Anyway, Congratulations to you & your hubby (Very curious to know who he is). Hope that we'll be able to meet up one day. The other day u come south also didn't call.
What is your husband's name ?
Alas u r married happily
Post a Comment