It's human nature to forget good deeds that others have done unto us. Why is it that people tend to remember mistakes and disagreements rather than happiness that we've been through and good deeds?
I have this plant in office which I've kept for a year. It started with 4 miserable leaves but is now blooming with 12 leaves. It gave me plenty of oxygen and kept my eyes healthy when I have to stare away from the computer to look at its green leaves. It releases some stress and tension when I have to walk away from my desk to sprinkle it with cold water. It reminds me that it's a Friday or a long weekend ahead because then I'd have to add in more water into its container. All these little things, little invisible things that it has given to me and I've failed to recognize.
I left it in the kitchen last week and forgot all about it. How simple it is to forget something which has significantly made my work days better. I didn't even realize that it was missing till today. It was on top of the fridge, well taken care of by someone else.
My point here is that humans tend not to see these little things that are given to us. These little things that made us better. Yet our focus are always on the unfairness of some subjects which doesn't make our lives better (materialism for example). The way we forget the little deeds and the people or objects that gives us these simple things in life which makes us a better person or creates a positive impact in our lives, is by itself an unforgiveable act. Don't you think so?
The other point that I'm trying to prove with my plant theory is that even if we've failed to appreciate the little things in life, there is always someone out there who would appreciate it. I'd like to thank the angel who's been looking after my abandoned plant.
Just some little thoughts on my half-absent mind on a late Tuesday night....
Good night.


No comments:
Post a Comment