My full time job happens to be one that revolves around the internet. No internet means no job for me. And the fact that I flew to Texas two years ago to place the server there is not making it any easier. Despite the 100% uptime I get, depsite the seven main service providers in US backing up my server and despite the fact that the server can take 100 times more traffic than it is handling now, I think I need to be there to handle my job. As it is it I cannot update the website because it takes me half the day trying to post up something. It takes the other half of the day to process something and so I am left with all overtime work to do from home just to finish the rest of my administrative job. The rest of my free time would be spent trying to check all my other emails which are not gmail based. How does gmail still maintain the speed of its connection is beyond my knowledge.
So enough technical talk. Since yahoo mail is taking a lot of time trying to show me my emails and hotmail is giving me this message :"We apologize, but the server that holds your account information is temporarily unavailable. This delay is not due to a problem with your account. You may notice that other users can sign in and get their mail, but this is because their accounts are on different servers..." , I've decided that it is time I depend on myself. This time, whatever successes and failures will all be my fault. Well, 50% of my own fault. I now have a server of my own, a new email address which is non company related and non-internet mail service provider related. If you find a site looking like this on the internet, it is mine.


No comments:
Post a Comment