Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Best wishes from Malaysia


Yet another reason I should not blog so often - the fear of being caught and brought to court like what Jeff Ooi is going through. Totally nothing is 'free' in this country. Not even speech. And now not even blogging. Blogging is meant for people living in countries with true sense of free speech being practised.


I've had second thoughts of putting this up, just in case the G finds me irritating for pointing out their mistake but what the heck. After all I am paying too much for taxes each year and yet they refuse to refund me for the past ten years!

This is an example why I always look forward to travels opportunities out of here where I never need to come back. This is also a reason why some foreign customers and partners seem surprised when I speak in English. I would hope that none of this piece has been given to ambassadors and foreign visitors who are here for a visit.


This also brings me back to memory. On one occasion, I was talking business with this American on the phone when she asked me this: "Oh..but you speak perfect English. Did you come from America or did you study here?"


I would have loved to reply :"Oh, well, this is actually a translation device you're talking to. We still live on trees over here and speak in Mesopotamian language." Does this prove my point further?


And before I forget, this post also relates to one of the other newspaper ads that I posted up earlier. I don't think guys would be able to spot anything wrong with this picture. I tried it with two of these species at home and they took quite a long time to spot the error. Can you?

No comments: