
When I first started working here, I used to have a steady stream of lunch 'kaki'(s) [lunch partners]. I never had the chance to dine by myself. Then later on, the first or second batch of lunch kaki (s) left within my 2nd year stint. I thought I would be the next to go. Offers came and went, one which really fitted my dream job by the beach!
After that batch, I sort of plonked myself into another group which then consist of 5 other people. Three years later, they have all left and I am still here. I walk down each day and plonk myself with different groups of people each time, sometimes all by myself. I've yet to get used to those times when I have to lunch by myself. It's such a melancholic feeling. But that's life.
I did my handprint today - the official mark of a 5-year employee, and I smeared myself in black ink. It's kind of a yucky, slimey feeling. So, I guess this is how you're supposed to feel at 5 years. I couldn't even decide on my 5-year anniversary prize and just simply closed my eyes and pointed at something. I hope I pointed well.
Would I last for another 5? Hmmm.......


No comments:
Post a Comment