Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Merdeka Celebration

I actually have lots to blog about but since my blog has been made known to certain people, I am unable to bitch and gossip especially on office topics, much to my own dismay. Maybe it's time for my secret blog.

Before I really start on the topic above, I'd have to say this though:

"Sie ai been kaleng kia" *swear* *Swear* *swear!*

Those who knows will decipher this and have the same thoughts as me - how we wish the turtle would have been run down the street today (OK people, stop laughing now).

Back to the main topic.



Malaysia boleh! Dirty rivers, broken down colonial houses, what have we become in 50 years?

Merdeka celebrations have actually started on Monday although the actual day is on Friday. No announcements were publicly made nor was it mentioned on the traffic reports that roads were closed and there are real bad jams in the city you'd probably want to take emergency day off. I'd like to term this as going by the "Malaysia Boleh" slogan. Malaysia boleh create traffic jams in an instant that is. Took me more than an hour to get out of the city.

Today is no exception. In fact I had to take a new route today and this new route I found, had millions of motorbikes weaving in and out. Millions....In fact, while I was stuck there for an hour, the scores of bikes never stopped coming and I couldn't get on the right lane at all. We're celebrating the 50th year of independence and this is how it has turned out to be - millions still on bikes and hundreds of cars jammed on the street that was created more than 50 years ago. Absolutely nothing has been done about it. It's as if the road technology has not made any progress since 50 years ago.

I have another point to make - why can't the trial run for the big day be done out of office hours? Don't these people know that businesses don't stop for a week and there is no holiday until the very day?

I'm done. Before I get too stressed up about the traffic again.

By the way, I will be on my way to the beach off East Coast on Thursday night by bus. Yes, just when everyone has terrors about travelling on buses these days and the transport ministry is still checking on all the bus companies and the drivers after the two horrific incidents. Pray!

No comments: