Monday, December 12, 2005

Late Thanksgiving, Early Christmas dinner

Glorious food! This is no restaurant but at my cousin's house last night. Food was similar to what you would have got at any of those English restaurants for Christmas - similar standards to those like American Chillies or San Francisco Steakhouse. Of course this is better as they were all home cooked and some things were brought down from Australia. Mum brought in some variations to the Christmas dinner - she added the Thai Tomyam Meehoon (rice noodles). I swear if I ate this way every day, with not much carbohydrates, I would get my six packs sooner.....


wine, wine and more wine....all in with the decor. Unfortunately, I couldn't drink and didn't. Not even 1 single drop.

main course - there's meatloaf, potatoes, pan-friend salmon, mixed vegetables, who could ask for more?

dessert - delicious home-made cakes...err....maybe the icing cake isn't home-made but the other cake is Mum's special butter cake version 2.3. What? She said it's her improved version!

are you drooling yet? If you're not, I am. The first pic on your left was my first serving of the main course. Guess what the second pic is - think Chicken Little and the third - meatloaf, so yummy. All the way fresh from Australia, I think.

These are only the starters. All except for the Thai Tom Yam rice noodles.

And more starters......yummy....I'm hungry now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh. LOVE holiday food! Any food for that matter. Looks like one of our holiday meals. I agree about the carbs. I can work out like a fiend but I am also a noodle freak. I swear there is a six pack underneath the fat!